Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Last of the Cabin Trip

I don’t know why I am in such a not blogging rut, I guess it is finishing up summer and getting back into the school routine-more on that later. Here is the rest of our cabin trip.

Sunday we went to church, it was a very full sacrament meeting! We didn’t go to the whole block, luckily they had sacrament meeting at the end of the block so we were all able to get ready with just 2 bathrooms, quite the feat for 41 people.

Cathy and I took some family pictures for the Burch’s after church-I always enjoy taking pictures of families. It always makes me want to improve my skills and upgrade my camera though! 

river

Pond burn

The rest of the day was spent napping

DSC_0017

DSC_0004

Playing games

DSC_0002

DSC_0008

Matthew is an Angry birds expert now!

DSC_0010

Editing pictures and reading

DSC_0014

We also did a BIG family picture with all 41 of us. As the grandkids get older and go on missions is it going to be a while till we are ALL together again. So we set up a tripod and got everyone together. Jake was in charge of taking pictures so I got the pictures from him and I haven't done any editing yet on them.

Here’s all the grandkids, 26 of them. Averi was not happy. I couldn’t find Thomas's socks and didn’t think it would matter…I was wrong. Jared is the oldest at 21 and Averi is the youngest, she was 19 months.

DSC_0075

DSC_0077

the silly picture is always my favorite

DSC_0094

Here’s the whole family. Kaylee got in a snit so isn’t smiling in any of the pictures.

DSC_0115

The kissing picture..

DSC_0127

We broke a fence doing this location

DSC_0148

 

I liked this location the best, with the Provo river in the background. Most of the kids were done at this point.

DSC_0163

Taking picture of 41 people isn’t easy. I think someone was going to do some Photoshop and swap some heads, I’ll have to get some copies of those.

We started the 4th with a flag ceremony

DSC_0036 DSC_0047

DSC_0043

We played lots of games-the dice game & Nertz (I used to be really good and fast, I am not so good and slow at Nertz now!)

DSC_0066

Gabe, Trish & Gabby & the Torgerson’s came up. It was fun to spend the 4th with some of my family too.

DSC_0068DSC_0081

Gabe looking creepy in the background

DSC_0084DSC_0074

Jim & Mike-not really fair that Mike still has a full head of hair!

DSC_0076

Jim and Gabe wanted to get in the Provo river. It was FREEZING and really high and had a very strong current. Luckily they made it out ok!

DSC_0104

Our little crazy Averi had to dip her feet in the river too. She said, “Burr”.

DSC_0131

We did lots of sparklers and fireworks that night and had more game playing. It was a fun 4th of July.

DSC_0185

 

DSC_0169DSC_0172DSC_0212

We brought fireworks from Arkansas because they are much better than the ones they sell in Utah, they actually go up in the air. Jim and the guys (and Trish) put on a great fireworks show.DSC_0214DSC_0221

Jim with his parents, do you think he looks like his dad?

DSC_0226DSC_0228

It really was a great cabin trip. Our kids had so much fun and loved being with all their Anderson cousins. They keep asking when we can go back. We left the next morning and drove to Denver and stayed the night there. The drive home the next day took FOREVER! Kaylee had a bug and threw up a couple of times and we were all just tired and cranky and ready to get home!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks like you had a really nice time. I am impressed that your pictures with 41 people turned out so well.

Melanie said...

Great pictures! Can't wait to get the CD!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Loved your family photos--how fun and what a beautiful place to have a reunion! I can't believe all of the grand kids!

I'd love to do that with my family someday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails