Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January…part 1

Where did January go? I can’t believe it is February! I’ve been in a blogging funk…I’ll blame it on all the cold weather we have had! Here’s some pictures of what we have done this month

DSC_0049

We went to a bounce house place while school was out. The kids loved it! We got a Groupon for it so it was really affordable to take 4 kids (well Averi was free).

DSC_0051

Some our our friends that we went with. The kids go free Icee’s so they were excited!

DSC_0052

Matthew and his best Buddy Isaac…These boys have so much fun together. They are a LOT alike and can both be very intense. I’m glad that Matthew has such a good little friend here!

DSC_0045

This is my friend Andrea. I am so glad she is here in Arkansas (for a little while). We both have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. Our kids love playing together and we love hanging out together. It is nice to have a friend who totally understands the craziness of 4 kids (well 8 when we are all together).

DSC_0004

Thomas decided he wanted to try basketball.  It is fun to watch him play. They have this blowup that the kids run through when they are announced. It is so fun for him.

DSC_0005_edited-1

Thomas gets better with each practice and each game. He is actually a pretty good shot and good on defense. Sometimes he forgets to play offense and just keeps defending even when his team has the ball. We have to remind him to listen to his Coach and not get silly on the court.

DSC_0020_edited-1DSC_0038

DSC_0067DSC_0073

We had some snow days that I will tell you about in another post, we took the extra time to rearrange the playroom and get it organized with all the new toys. The kids love it and so do we. They are being better about helping clean up every day-so they don’t loose all their bins again! Here’s some pictures of how it looks now.

DSC_0045_edited-1

We put the wedge back in the sectional and moved our toy bins over by the TV.

DSC_0046DSC_0047

We got this table for the kids to do art on, have tea parties and do some learning time with mom.

DSC_0048

We gave our train table away. We didn’t really need it with hardwoods everywhere. They haven’t missed it yet so I’m glad I got rid of it.

I still have lots of decorating to do in this house. I want to do an alphabet wall above the toy bins. I need to start collecting different letters. Here’s a couple examples of what I want to do.

abcs wall 

100_2909

I think it will look great in the playroom, we’ll see how long it takes me to collect all the letters!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Way cute! Love seeing Thomas playing basketball, maybe he'll be as good as his dad! Love the alphabet letters! That will make one darling room!

Andrea said...

I love all the hardwork in the playroom. I am going to keep my eye out letters. Thank you for the shout out. I am grateful you are here too. It has been so nice. You hit it right on the head when you said someone who understands life with 4 kids.
Thomas looks like a stud! I bet he looks forward to Saturday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails