Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weekend in Dallas

We had a 4 day weekend for President's day so we decided to take advantage of it and go to Dallas. We hadn’t been for over a year. The main reason was to go to the temple. We usually go to the Memphis Temple, but thought it would be fun to go to Dallas and see old friends and family and do some shopping too. We left Friday morning and made great timing to Dallas. The kids were so excited to go on a mini-vacation we only had to stop 1 1/2 times (once for lunch and 1/2 for Kaylee to go to the bathroom). Jim and the kids dropped me off at the temple. Walking into the temple felt like coming home. I love the Dallas temple and have missed living close to it. It is the temple Jim & I were sealed in. It is the temple I grew up going to. I loved being there. I ran into one of my friends there. She did a double take seeing me. It was nice to visit with her for a bit. I love the spirit you feel in the temple, the peace.

Jim and the kids picked me up, they had gone to the LEGO store and had so much fun. We went back to the hotel for a little while so they could play with their new Legos and I could change and freshen up for dinner.

IMG_1406

The kids were so excited about their new Legos and got right to work building them.

IMG_1407

IMG_1410 

We met Dave (Jim’s cousin) & Nellie for dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant Siciliano’s. The kids had so much fun talking and visiting together. I liked listening to their conversations. The adults enjoyed catching up with each other and the yummy food. Here’s a picture of the 8 kids outside the restaurant.

IMG_1418

Saturday morning we got up and enjoyed a delicious breakfast, I LOVE the omelet bar! We headed to Ikea. We weren’t there for very long, I knew what I wanted and we got out in under an hour, which is fast for Ikea! I wish I had more money to spend there! We went to the Lego store, again! The kids loved all the Legos that you can play with.

IMG_1422

Do you like Averi’s black eye? She fell the Wednesday before we left and hit her face on the TV stand in the playroom.

IMG_1424 IMG_1427

The kids chose some smaller sets to get.

IMG_1426

IMG_1425

IMG_1428

We did a little more shopping and picked up In-And-Out and went back to the hotel so they could play with their Legos some more. We had dinner that night at my cousin Marcie’s house. The kids love going to “Landon & Blake’s” house and playing. It was a lot of fun.

Sunday we went to our old ward, the Sachse ward. It was fun to be back and see so many old friends. The ward has changed a lot since we moved out, but we still have some great friends there. It still feels like my “home” ward, we were there so long. We went to Jeff & Brandy’s and spent the night with them. The kids all played really well together. They loved it! I loved hanging out with Brandy We even had time for a little craft. I wish I could talk them into moving to Arkansas!

DSC_0095

Our cute kids, Kaylee was into making goofy faces!

DSC_0096

DSC_0104

Thanks for letting us stay the night with you Jeff & Brandy! You need to plan a trip to Arkansas so we can return the favor!!

DSC_0106

The kids were worn out on the way home. They crashed shortly after we got in the car.

IMG_1429

IMG_1431

Averi didn’t want her picture taken.

IMG_1430

It was a great weekend in Dallas. Next time we will have to make it out to Trophy Club/Roanoke to see our friends there!

3 comments:

Carolee said...

What a great mini-trip!! So glad you all had fun. Poor Averi--bless her heart! But I understand--our kids have had a few black eyes too!

Nicole said...

Sounds like a fun little trip!

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

It was great to see you and play with Avery in Nursery. I glad you had such a fun trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails