Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Averi!

We celebrated Averi’s birthday last week. I can’t believe that she is 2 years old! We decided to just do a little family party this year. Her birthday always sneaks up on me right after thanksgiving so I made a quick invite in PSE and emailed it out. She loves pink, especially hot pink so that was my theme.

averi for blog-1

The food is always important to my family so I made a few yummy appetizers and we ordered some pizza from papa John’s to supplement since it was around dinner time.

cake

I found a recipe for a Pink Lemonade cake on pinterest so I wanted to try that out. The inside of it was a beautiful hot pink, but the outside got too brown. The glaze was runny and didn’t look like I wanted but it all tasted yummy. I added some pink and silver sprinkles to dress it up a bit. I made the bunting and plate with my lovely silhouette.

DSC_0053DSC_0066

I got the jug for drinks for $5 and slapped a cute chalkboard vinyl label on it. The kids LOVED being able to get their own pink lemonade.

DSC_0051

These were jalapeno bacon pinwheels and were so yummy. I'll have to share the recipe.

DSC_0062

Since I’m not big on lots of decorations I made this little banner for her. She loved it and would point to it and say mine. It is hanging in her room and makes her happy when she sees it. I also made her shirt with my silhouette and some iron on vinyl.

DSC_0061

We lucked out with a nice day so the kids played outside a bit

DSC_0080

DSC_0081

 

DSC_0093

The girls had to all put princess dresses on

DSC_0098DSC_0107

Averi had a lot of fun opening her presents and she was so excited about each gift. It was fun to watch her open them.

DSC_0114DSC_0115

DSC_0108DSC_0116DSC_0121

We got her this little grocery cart and she LOVES it!

DSC_0123

Poor Livy really wanted to push the grocery cart. She cried till cake time, then when Averi was blowing out her candles she got to push the grocery cart., after that she was happy.

DSC_0126

All the kids helped her blow out her candles. We had to move it away from her because when I first put it down she blew out the candles before we sang to her; so we had to relight them and sing to her. Grandma DeVaux gave her the backpack filled with goodies and she loved it and wouldn’t take it off. It is just her size.

DSC_0129DSC_0132DSC_0134

I love how Kaylee is kissing her after she blew out the candles, they are sweet sisters and becoming good friends.

DSC_0136DSC_0137

DSC_0124

Here she is with most of her presents, everyone knows her well and picked out things she loves!

DSC_0140

Grandma & Grandpa Anderson got her this big wheel, now she has her own to ride when all the other kids are riding theirs.

Happy Birthday Averi! We can’t imagine our family without you!! We LOVE you!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun pink party. Happy Birthday Averi.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Averi! Everything looks so great as usual!

Related Posts with Thumbnails