Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

 

We started celebrating on Friday night. My mom came up to watch the kids so Jim and I could go out for my birthday. Have I mentioned how much I love living in Arkansas and having my mom so close…well I do! It is the best!! We  went to a yummy Japanese restaurant and sat at the Hibachi grill. It was so good!  Afterwards we went and did a little shopping. It was just nice being able to have a conversation without getting interrupted every few minutes by the kids. We had a nice night out and the kids had a blast with Grandma!

DSC_0298DSC_0292

Since Halloween fell on a Sunday and we celebrated it on Saturday I got my birthday all to myself. I didn’t have to share it with Halloween, which was very nice for a change! I got to sleep in a little, we had church and Jim had to go early for a meeting. The kids were so excited to give me their presents, Jim didn’t even have time to wrap them.  They each picked out something for me. Jim got me a Kindle which I am sooo excited about! I love to read and sometimes feel like books are overtaking our house. As part of my gift, I get to buy 1 book a month for my Kindle. There are lots of free books available as well so it should keep me busy and help make picking up Thomas not be so boring!

DSC_0299DSC_0301

Jim planned a nice family dinner, he organized it all! We had yummy brisket with all the fixings. My mom made a delicious (from scratch) carrot cake. Kaylee and Matthew helped put all 35 candles in.

DSC_0302DSC_0304DSC_0305DSC_0306DSC_0307DSC_0308DSC_0309DSC_0310

It was so much fun to have my family around on my birthday. The last birthday I celebrated with my family was my 30th when everyone came to Dallas to surprise me. I am so blessed with such a wonderful husband, fun kids, great family and many good friends who helped me have a great day!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I am such a horrible friend. I can't believe that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday on Sunday. That darn halloween it just overtakes your birthday doesn't it. I am glad you had a great birthday. It looks like so much fun.

Meredith said...

Happy birthday to you! Isn't so nice to have family around! We are the same, I feel super lucky to live near babysitters! And family get-togethers are the BEST!!!

Carolee said...

Glad it was a great weekend! Cute new do, too!

The Hatches said...

OK, so we are just emerging from a crazy week. I feel bad for forgetting your birthday...how did that happen? Michael had a bad cold, so we (meaning mostly me) didn't have a lot of sleep lately (for two weeks), so my memory was pretty much shot...sorry. Sounds like you had a great one though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails