Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carrie Underwood Concert

DSCN1373_edited-1

A few weeks ago we went to the Carrie Underwood Concert. It was sooo much fun! I hadn’t been to a concert in over a year, the last one being Kenny Chesney (love him!) It was so much fun to go with my mom, Pam & Maddy. We had a blast! Sons of Sylvia and Billy Currington opened for her and did a great job. I always like hearing new bands perform. Billy Currington had lots of fun songs and really got the crowd going.

DSCN1376DSCN1377

Maddy & Grandma

DSCN1382DSCN1395

This was one of the coolest parts of the concert she got in this big blue truck and was carried by cables around the arena, it was awesome! She is an amazing performer and after going to her concert I see why she won entertainer of the year.

While I was at Carrie, I was thinking about how different this concert was from the first concert I went to back in high school, so I’m just going to reminisce for a minute. I was a sophomore…me and my best friend Angela, went to see Van Halen. We went with her older sister Monica & her fiancée. I had NO idea what I was in for in going to see Van Halen. Looking back I can’t believe my parents let me go, but they did, they had no idea! It was at Barton Coliseum and it was general admission, we were down on the floor, standing room only, and everyone around us was drunk, smoking & probably stoned. We were both a little freaked out. The music was great, but I remember being SHOCKED at how much they cussed…I was totally naïve in what to expect at a concert. Probably about halfway through the concert the drummer started a solo and I thought I had really lost it…I thought I had gotten a “contact” high and was seeing things because the drummer was moving up in the air. Later I realized that he was on a stage that was going up, so that was a relief!

soph lockers

here I am in all my high school dorkiness the end of our Sophomore year with my friends: Ginger, Ruthie, Me, Kendy & Angela

The Van Halen concert started my love of going to concerts…Van Halen was probably the “hardest” concert I’ve been too, all the other seem pretty tame compared to them. I don’t think any one swore as much as Sammy Hagar (which is good because I can’t handle swearing). All the concerts I went to in high school were at Barton and were general admission so it was always fun to be on the floor. Pearl Jam was so fun with the “moshing” we did, Bon Jovi was amazing because, well It was Bon Jovi! The craziest thing Angela and I did was going to Memphis to see Da** Yankees and meeting Ted Nugent and getting stuck there because of an ice storm! (Ted Nugent was really creepy!)

ted nugent

Concerts today are so much more tame, but I don’t think I could handle the moshing and crowds like I did when I was younger…I like sitting in my comfy chair and standing up when I feel like it, sipping my Dr. Pepper and enjoying the amazing shows they put on! That’s all for my trip down memory lane- thanks for going with me!

4 comments:

Crysta said...

SO jealous!

gwen said...

I love Carrie! Brad and I's first date was to a KISS concert.....

Andrea said...

That was a fun trip. Thanks for taking me along.

Meredith said...

Aw fun! I love Carrie, would love to see her live, sounds awesome! The only concert I've ever been to was New Kids...ha ha, LOTS of funny memories from that! ;) Glad you had a great time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails