Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Family Pictures

While we were in Boise Jim's sister Cathy took some family pictures for us. Here are some of the best.
Here's one of the best ones, the one below I ran a Seventies action on it (from Pioneer Woman). I am kinda hooked on the action and used it on a lot of the pictures. What do you think of it or do you prefer the "natural" look. I haven't printed any out yet so give me your honest opinion!

One of us walking

Everyone's looking but not smiling, I still like it though in front of the doors


Everyone's feet with Averi

These are fun

Averi wouldn't smile, but I think this one is cute of her
I love the intense look on Matthew's face in this picture
I think this is an awesome picture of Matthew, it just captures his big personality so well!
Not the happiest looks on the kids faces, but I like it..
Thomas
The Girls
The Boys

The background is kind of funny on this one, but I think it is a great picture of Jim and I.
So what do you think...some I edited and some I just left alone...
Oh and if you just look at my blog and reader, come on over to the blog and check out the new header I made.

9 comments:

Carolee said...

Marji! So many cute pics!! Cathy did a great job. It's almost impossible to get happy faces on everyone at the same time, isn't it? I think the 70's action is really fun, and might be fun for a few random framed pics around the house, but I'm a traditional girl and like the "natural" look for the framed pictures on the "main" family wall, if you know what I mean. But they are so great, thanks for sharing! I'm amazed (and glad!) you guys found time to get the pics done while you were here!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the 70's action!

Crysta said...

I love the natural look very vintage...which I LOVE!!

Michelle said...

I LOVE how your family pic's turned out! They are all so cute! I like the 70's action- I'll have to go grab it. I think it makes it looks artsy.

Melanie said...

Wow - they are so cute!!! And I love how you did the header!

Nicole said...

Such great pictures, Cathy did a wonderful job! I like the 70's, but I also like the natural.

Meredith said...

These are great!!!! You have such a beautiful family!

Mama Yo said...

So sad, I'm just finally catching up on your blog! It was so fun to see these pictures and how they turned out! I love the 70's action! The cool thing abt digital is that if you change your mind later, it doesn't matter, you can just run a diff action on the original and bam - you've got a new pic!

ps - If you save your header as a .png file (from the original .psd), the images will look sharper. I learned this from experience on my own sad family blog! We finally took our pictures 10 days ago and I havent even LOOKED at them yet! Now THAT is sad!

Mama Yo said...

OH - also... check your .psd file of the header. I'm wondering if the font is selected on "anti-alias". I don't what it means, but I figured out that if it's selected, the font looks a little jagged when I save the image. Not sure if your font is just that way or not, but thought I'd share another thing I learned from experience! I LOVE the look of the blog. Clean and crisp and welcoming! I'm glad you like the pics! Sorry about the lameo background on the one of you and Jim! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails