Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our New Home

Here's a few shots of our new home. We signed a 6 month lease with it and if we decide we like it we'll probably buy it when our lease is up, heck we'll probably buy it even if we aren't totally in love with it because the thought of moving again is not a fun thought. ***Now just a disclaimer on these pictures...I am still unpacking, it has only been 4 days since we moved in and we spent today in Sachse finishing up the rest of the things we had to do there. So ignore the clutter and boxes and clothes strewn around in the pictures just be glad I'm posting...after 3 months of living in a spotless house it is nice to be a little messy :) So far we like the house. The bedrooms and closets are big and it has some cool custom features, like when you open the master bath closets and pantry the light automatically comes on. The kitchen wallpaper is pretty horrible and would be the first thing to go if we buy the house (the counters too but we'll see if that is in the budget!) We were supposed to close on our house on Friday, but it might be pushed back to the 7th. Our realtor tells us not to worry for the delay because he has a VA loan and she is pretty sure that there won't be a problem. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
The front door...I love the glass and the arched doorway.
The formal LR, we're still working on the layout with our big green couches, maybe my mom can help when she comes to visit sometime soon!
The family room, top view is from the entry way. Our old TV is too big for the built in so we are using our bedroom TV in it now but hope to get a nice flat screen sometime in the near future! The bottom view is from the kitchen, this is fireplace #2. Upstairs is Thomas's room, guest room and another bathroom. There are 2 bedrooms and a study down stairs. Here's the kitchen with the beautiful country blue & mauve wall paper. The fireplace (#3) is pretty cool though.

The Master bedroom

The study attached to the master, it has a built in desk that will eventually be my craft area. We also have our elliptical in here, so far Thomas is the only one who has used it. Hopefully I'll get on before I get to big from all the junk we've been eating!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Take this from a professional mover (ie. Military Family) Your doing great on the unpacking. Looks like a nice house. I love the front door. Good luck on the remaining boxes!

Mama Yo said...

Today us girls took dad out to lunch for his 66th birthday and we talked about you guys and wondered how the unpacking was going and when we'd get to see pictures of your new house! Your address alone sounds so *RITZY*! :) Your ears must have been burning, because now you've posted! Thanks Marj! It looks like a fun house! I bet you'll LOVE all of the room! That front door is beautiful!

Mama Yo said...

ps - I'm wondering if the kids have started throwing toys from up above?! It looks like they'd have a whole lot of fun dropping things on your head! :) I love it! (The open upstairs hall thing)...

Melanie said...

Looks like a great house Marji! So happy for you and Jim and being closer to work! Yea- he can be home to help more!

Melissa said...

Love the front door--LOVE the fire place in the kitchen! I hope your closing goes much better than ours did--you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Nicole said...

That looks like such a nice house, way to go on the unpacking I think your doing a great job.

Anonymous said...

I was in the breakroom and someone asked when was the last time I had heard from Jim so I thought I'd check the blog since I hadn't looked in awhile. Imagine my surprise when I saw that you have moved. Send me an e-mail with your new address. Hope it is closer to work.

sunni said...

that front door is beautiful. i also want to know if they have started throwing things over the railing!!!

Unknown said...

They threw things through the slats the first couple of days but we had to put this clear mesh stuff over the posts because they are too far apart and K&M can fit their heads & bodies through (the house was built in 1989 and they had different safety standards), so now Thomas only occassionaly throws things over the railing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails