Friday, September 12, 2008

My Fun Weekend Away!

While we were in Boise I flew down to Salt Lake for a little Sister's weekend with Trish & Jenny. I flew down Thursday evening and home on Sunday morning. It was so much fun. I missed my kids and Jim just a little, but it was great to spend time with Trish & Jen. Trish picked me up from the airport and we headed to Training Table for cheese fries and burgers (oh so yummy!). After that we went back to Jen's apartment and hung out until Gabby was ready to go home. Trish had to go into work for a couple of hours Friday morning so I enjoyed a quiet morning at her townhouse reading and watching TV. It was weird to be all by myself, but nice too. We went and got pedicures, which is always a nice treat and then had a yummy lunch.



You can't really see the flowers we got on our big toes, but they looked really cool.
Trish and I went downtown after lunch. We did a little shopping at the Gateway then went to Temple Square. It'd been a long time since I had been there and I had forgotten how beautiful everything is there. We were able to go to see the wonderful movie about Joseph Smith in the Legacy Theater. If you haven't seen it and you're in Salt Lake, go see it!!! We went and picked Gabby up from her daycare then headed over to Jen's for Trish's birthday party. Jen had decorated and was preparing a yummy fried food feast for us. She had party hats for us to wear and Gabby insisted we call her Ariel (that was the princess on her hat) and she called us the name of the princess on our hats. It was cute!
She made onion straws, fried shrimp, chicken strips and french fries. It was all very yummy. She's a great cook!!
She put a lot of candles on Trish's cake
Gabby was excited to blow out the candles.

It was fun to be able to spend time with Gabby. She's such a funny little girl.


On Saturday we headed down to Provo. We walked around campus and enjoyed reminiscing about our time there.
We had to have lunch at Brick Oven. I'd forgotten how good their pizza was.

Since it was Trish's birthday the day before we told our waitress and she got some of the staff to come sing to her and we got the heavenly chocolate mousse pie. We then headed over to the Quilted Bear. We saw some cute tutu's that we decided we could make ourselves so we bought the supplies at Hobby Lobby and made them that night for our cute little girls. Trish and I watched the BYU football game when we got home from Provo. We were both glad the Cougars pulled off the win! Jen came over after she got her kids to bed and we hung out and made the tutu's and talked. I flew out Sunday morning. Jen took me to the airport. I was excited to see my kiddos and Jim. He really appreciated me after spending 3 days and nights with the kids without me. I'm glad he had his mom, dad and sisters to help him. It helped me to enjoy my getaway a little more. We're hoping to make it an annual thing and that Pam can make the next one!

1 comment:

sunni said...

I hope you call me next time you come to town! I would love to see you and say hi :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails