Monday, May 12, 2008

A Good Mother's Day

First off I have a great Mom, so Happy Mother's Day to you! This is a favorite picture of mine, I think my dad took it, but I could be wrong, it's Me, Mom & Oscar. I'm guessing I'm 2 or so in the picture because mom doesn't look pregnant and Trish isn't around. Thanks for being such a great mom to me!
My morning started with breakfast in bed made by Jim & Thomas. Thomas even helped me eat it :). He was very excited for Mother's Day, it was cute. On Saturday I went and got a Manicure and Pedicure, which was heaven!
Matthew enjoyed the breakfast too, Kaylee slept through it. She's our one child that sleeps in.
Thomas & Matthew with Me after church (Kaylee was asleep again.) Thomas got to sing a Mother's Day Song with the primary at church. He went right up to the stand and sat down in one of the chairs. All the other kids stood in front of him and he stayed in the back so halfway through the song Jim went up to the front and helped him stand in front of the bigger kids so I could at least see him. Then when the song ended he went and sat back down on the stand. I guess he wanted to give a talk or something. He was told he needed to come back and sit with us, so he did. He didn't sing, which surprised us because he loves singing and doesn't really get shy in front of groups.
Here's Kaylee, I got to take a nice 2 hour nap while Jim took care of the kids. I love sleeping!
Jim made me a yummy dinner Pineapple Shrimp-click here for the recipe, it is from of my new favorite blogs to read. Doesn't it look good!Oh and for dessert he bought this yummy chocolate mint pie that was to die for, I didn't get a picture of it I was too busy eating it!

We enjoyed a nice evening with the kids and they were all in bed by 8! Woo-Hoo!

Thomas pulling a funny face

Here's Kaylee with her silly faces again. She is such a nut!

5 comments:

Bailey said...

Maddy saw the pic of the shrimp and said, "Mmmm, shrimp, I want some!!" Kaylee is crazy, she really does remind me of Maddy when she was a baby, especially with those funny faces!

Mama Yo said...

I love the pix of you, Oscar and your mom - it is so beautiful! I'm glad you had a nice relaxing day - you deserve it!

Andrea said...

What a great day! I love that picture of you, your brother and your mom.
I love all the pictures of your kids!

Ruthie said...

I love Pioneer Woman too! You better not beat me out on any contests. . . I'm looooooonging for a Kitchen Aid mixer. !

Unknown said...

I keep hoping I'll win one of her contests, but it would be cool if you won too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails