Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm a little late posting this, but here are me and the kids on Mother's Day. It was a very nice day. Jim made me a little breakfast, but got in trouble with Thomas because he didn't get to help. He was still in bed sleeping, but with 9:00 am church, we couldn't do the breakfast in bed thing so Thomas brought me breakfast on Monday.
Silly picture...
For dinner we had yummy grilled burgers. I got to take a nice long nap too! Jim bought me a new lens for my camera! I have been wanting a 50 mm lens for a while so it was a nice surprise! I've had fun playing with it, but I still need more practice. It isn't an auto focus so that is taking a little getting used to but I love the results. Here are a few pictures I've taken with it. If anyone has any tips for me please share!

Thomas and his super long eyelashes
Averi
I played with this one a little in photoshop. Here's the original with no editing. I love how the lens does the blurry background thing. I sometimes get the background sharp and the person blurry, it is fun playing with my camera and branching out of auto mode.
This one turned out kind of cool with Matthew in focus and Kaylee blurry.
My kids get tired of me practicing on them, so I used these toys...
The packers are coming TOMORROW to pack us and we'll be in our new home on Wednesday at the latest! If they pack us in one day then it will be earlier. We are so excited for the move! Our house has been showing more so that is encouraging as well. Hopefully it will sell in June!

2 comments:

The Hale Family said...

Oh, I love getting camera stuff, so exciting!! You are doing a great job, love the ones with blurry backgrounds... !! Can't wait to see all the pictures you post. What kind of camera do you have??

Meredith said...

Cute pictures! Good luck with the move, we will miss you! :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails